Saturday, July 30, 2011
72+ Degrees!!!
It turned out to be the warmest day so far this summer here in Kodiak, which automatically translates into a day when being outside is a necessity. Therefore, I slept all day. Actually, I didn't have a clue how nice it was until after I woke up mid-afternoon. After grabbing some grub, Scott and I drove out the road, berry bucket, camera, and fishing pole in hand, to see what we could see. If I wasn't an Alaskan girl before, I've certainly adapted and am now. Over 70 degrees, and I was melting! Standing in the sun picking gallons of berries was a bit hot. After a few minutes, we had a panful of salmonberries, and headed out to our fishing hole. I relaxed on the riverbank while Scott pulled in a Jack King and a good sized Dolly. We decided we would be smoking and then canning this batch, since the ones we did the other day turned out so well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment