My days are whizzing by faster than I can adjust to! I'm enjoying work, but graveyard shift is taking its toll. I'm on my second stretch in a row, and while 3 months was ok, 6 is a bit much. We also have several coworkers out with medical stuff going on, so we've all had to pitch in with a lot of extra OT. Again, while a week or two isn't a problem, a month or more starts to wear you down.
My photography business is off to a good start. Those who have ordered calendars liked them so much they've ordered more, and told their friends. Greeting cards are also finding their niche, and I hope to continue to add to my selection this fall. Next month is the holiday bazaar, and I've got my name on the list to get a table for it, though there are so many I'm not sure that will pan out this year. So for now, word of mouth is the way I'm getting the word out.
The weather has been great, I've had a chance to get out fishing a time or two, and driving out the road has enabled me to take a few of my new favorite pictures. A bald eagle was eating a fish when a seagull came in and chased him away. The eagle then flew out and joined the other two eagles, while several seagulls floated serenely in front. The next few pictures are of a field of fireweed as fall arrived, and then a week later as the wind spread the seeds. Then there was the cross fox who just sat watching as I walked around photographing it. Alaska is truly amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment