Tuesday, March 31, 2009

NYC Aug 2008

Last August I took off after work one Friday and drove down to New York City for the weekend. An older couple who are customers at the coffee shop had invited me down to stay with them, so I decided I needed a day or two off and wanted to see the city. They have a gorgeous house in Mount Kisco, and Richard knows pretty much everything about the city. One of the reasons they wanted me to come was to meet their son, so he came over Fri night to barbecue and hang out. We got along great, and had a great evening. He made the best filet mignon I've ever tasted! On Sat, Richard and Susan took me to the city, and we played tourist. I'm still amazed at all we did and saw through the course of the day. Everything from a ferry ride to the Statue of Liberty to walking down Wall Street, Times Square, and Broadway to 2nd row seats to see Chicago on Broadway. Meals were fancier than I've ever imagined, with 3 or 4 courses. It was an experience I'll never forget! The weather was perfect, and I got some amazing pictures! We didn't get home till after 1am. Sunday I got the grand tour of the area, and then Richard took me down to his office, which is when I began to understand how they could afford to treat me like a queen the whole weekend. His business is doing extremely well, and their clients are all rich and/or famous. Pretty neat to see how he puts everything together. I drove home that afternoon, and was back to work the next morning. The trip was well worth the drive.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa,
    It is nice to see that you have a blog now. Are you going to put some pictures on soon? I will keep up with your blog and your happenings.
    Love in Christ,
    Sharon Carol Phippen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey miss you tons! Can't wait for October and a chance to visit you. Hope you are doing well, and I'll try and call soon.

    P.S. my blog is at carmellieadventures.blogspot.com

    Carmel

    ReplyDelete