Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Washington, Idaho, and Alaska vacation
Last January I took a 3 week vacation made possible by a customer who is a pilot, and offered me a couple tickets. So I flew, standby, to Spokane, and spent a week and a half visiting friends all over WA and ID. It was great to see everyone, and I was kept extremely busy meeting up with all my favorite people in the area. Lots of coffee shops, walks, and hanging out with friends. I was stranded for a couple extra days (the joys of flying standby) but finally flew to AK for the last week of my vacation. I flew into Homer and had a relaxing and wonderful time with the Early's who are like family to me. We played tourist some, but mostly hung out, watched movies, and slept. Tracy was off work, because of her pregnancy, so even though Matt had to work most days, I was able to spend a lot of quality time with both of them, which I desperately needed. We even went to Matt's parents' house for dinner and to make kettle corn. That was definitely a highlight for me, and I loved them! No wonder Matt turned out so well! :) Matt and Tracy drove me up to Anchorage for my flight out. It was a 6hr drive, and the scenery was amazing! The snow covered mountains were gorgeous, and it was a sunny, perfect day for the drive. After stopping for donuts at the best bakery ever, we had time to go shopping for quite awhile and eat out at a Chinese restaurant in Anchorage before they dropped me off at the airport. All in all, it was a great trip, and I was refreshed and ready to work again when I got back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment