Thursday, July 16, 2009
Car Shopping
I absolutely hate car salesmen! With a passion! I don't think they should be allowed in business. They are awful, and they try their level best to take advantage of me. I actually had one guy chew me out royally for asking a friend's opinion and then not buying the car. He informed me that I was letting others rule my life and I should have just bought the car as is, without asking anyone else about it, because asking showed my weakness and proved that I was unable to handle decisions or choices myself. Wow. I tried to explain that I don't know cars, and he does, but the salesman told me that I must not like the car, since if I liked the car, I would have bought it at his price, and since I checked blue book (it was over $1000 less than he was trying to sell it for) and talked to others, he knew he wouldn't be able to help me anymore and I had better get his car back to him ASAP (I was using a different car while they cleaned the one I had been looking at). So after work I took it back, had a friend give me a ride to Bennington, and drop me off. My plan was to walk to various car dealerships and buy a car that night, since I had no vehicle and no way home, etc. Unfortunately, the places were all closed by the time I got there, so I stopped at the Rescue Squad (not knowing what I was going to do, stranded in Bennington). One of the guys was about to get off, and he said he'd give me a ride home. 5 min before he got off, a call came in and he had to leave. The other guys headed to dinner, so I was out walking, this time in the rain (a major thunderstorm had just begun). Within a minute I was soaked clear through, crying, without a destination or a friend. I walked over to the police department, and sat in the lobby as I called everyone I could think of to come pick me up. I finally reached Jason, and he drove over from West Hoosick to pick me up. I called another guy out there to take me to work in the morning, and then used the other employee's car to do deliveries. Our mechanic came to pick me up in a '65 split window corvette, and took me over to pick up our truck (he had been working on it that week). So after that, I was out of the desperate stage, although I still did, and am, looking for a car. I think I may have found one. Too soon to know, but hopefully in the next couple days. No more car salesmen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment