Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day

I love so many things about this holiday! People are everywhere. Picnics, boating, barbecues, kids playing frisbee on the grass, fireworks, etc. Everyone is relaxed and enjoying spending time with family and friends. For those of us who have family members and good friends in the military, particulary ones who are overseas and the ones who paid for our freedom with their lives, the reason we celebrate the holiday hits home a lot harder than for most. Freedom that was bought through the shed blood of American soldiers. Thank you to all who serve in each and every branch of our military.
Tonight I spent the evening taking care of two wonderful girls - Sis and a 9 year old girl from NYC who is staying with Phippens (part of the 'fresh air' program). The evening was filled with dinner, playing games, reading books, and trying to figure out what to do about one of their heifers who had escaped from the pasture. Yep, life in the country. :)
I agreed to work two days this week for a friend doing office work, which was probably pretty stupid considering I have too much to do in too little time already! Still, it'll be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment