It's that time of year - the holiday season! And with it comes all the craft bazaars that Kodiakans love to do. So much that there are 4 or 5 in a short period of time. I was thankful to get a table at the big one last weekend, and while I originally planned on simply getting my name out, people were encouraging and excited to purchase my products. I had many people make the rounds and come back just to tell me that they were very impressed with the photos.
Actually, last week was such a big hit that I signed up for the bazaar yesterday, which was a lot smaller, but still had a nice turnout. Still not sure what to expect, and having very little time to prepare (I found out I could have a table less than 15 hours before; worked my shift at KPD, getting off at 8, which gave me all of 2 hours to throw everything in boxes, put my signs together, get everything in the car and over to the armory to set up before people started showing up at 10am.). But it worked, and the response I had was amazing. In just one week, word of mouth had accomplished a lot. One gal said she's been showing my prints around the office and they want to sell my 'product line' at the visitors center downtown; the owner of another longtime local tourist shop downtown asked me to come in since she wants my photos and cards in her store by next spring (tourist season). Everyone's favorites seemed to be the dragonfly, float plane, city of Kodiak, and bear pics.
I just found out about another bazaar on Dec 3, and I'm hoping they still have tables available. So excited to see what the future brings for Alaska Girl Photography...things seem to be off to a really good start!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment