

After a week of doing all sorts of things, Ben, Sarah, and Caleb left on the 16th to head home to Spokane, WA. Caleb is adorable! I was able to hold him on a couple occasions, and he is the sweetest little guy! He has huge eyes, and doesn't miss much.
We were able to enjoy a Seder meal at the church with many others, which was really neat. A lot of people participated, and it was meaningful for all.
We took a day to tour Howe Caverns with the Phippens and many of our family. So much fun, and I was able to get some really good pictures. Caleb was content the whole time, and our crew thoroughly enjoyed it all. We drove our tour guide insane with questions he couldn't answer and comments to his monologue that he couldn't counter. Poor guy, but it was pretty funny. The stalactites and stalagmites kept even the youngest enthralled the whole time.
Afterwards, we went on to see the college mom went to years ago. The trip back became an adventure when mom got us lost and the hour trip took almost 3 hours. We teased her to no end, but unfortunately, after sitting so long in one position, my pain level increased rapidly, and by the time we made it home I could barely walk.
After 2 hours of every muscle seizing up and spasming almost continuously, we decided my medications weren't going to work, so mom took me to the Bennington ER. They got me into a room quickly, but it took awhile till the doctor came in. He did x-rays and drew blood for tests. While the gal had the needle in my arm, another episode of spasms hit hard. The nurse was on top of things and jumped right in, jabbing my other arm to get the dilaudid in quickly. Thankfully, that worked to start bringing it down, and after another dose shortly after, the pain was back to tolerable. And of course, I was feeling loopy. When the tests came back and he was convinced that I'd be ok, the nurse discharged me, and we headed home. It was the shortest trip so far, only there for 5 hrs. Talk about an exhausting evening!
Easter morning was beautiful, though a little chilly. My aunt, uncle and cousin came over for Easter dinner, and we shared the afternoon. One of the few days the Coffee Connection is closed each year, so I was able to enjoy the whole day without thinking about work!
We took a day to tour Howe Caverns with the Phippens and many of our family. So much fun, and I was able to get some really good pictures. Caleb was content the whole time, and our crew thoroughly enjoyed it all. We drove our tour guide insane with questions he couldn't answer and comments to his monologue that he couldn't counter. Poor guy, but it was pretty funny. The stalactites and stalagmites kept even the youngest enthralled the whole time.
Afterwards, we went on to see the college mom went to years ago. The trip back became an adventure when mom got us lost and the hour trip took almost 3 hours. We teased her to no end, but unfortunately, after sitting so long in one position, my pain level increased rapidly, and by the time we made it home I could barely walk.
After 2 hours of every muscle seizing up and spasming almost continuously, we decided my medications weren't going to work, so mom took me to the Bennington ER. They got me into a room quickly, but it took awhile till the doctor came in. He did x-rays and drew blood for tests. While the gal had the needle in my arm, another episode of spasms hit hard. The nurse was on top of things and jumped right in, jabbing my other arm to get the dilaudid in quickly. Thankfully, that worked to start bringing it down, and after another dose shortly after, the pain was back to tolerable. And of course, I was feeling loopy. When the tests came back and he was convinced that I'd be ok, the nurse discharged me, and we headed home. It was the shortest trip so far, only there for 5 hrs. Talk about an exhausting evening!
Easter morning was beautiful, though a little chilly. My aunt, uncle and cousin came over for Easter dinner, and we shared the afternoon. One of the few days the Coffee Connection is closed each year, so I was able to enjoy the whole day without thinking about work!
Wow you have been trough a lot since I saw you last. I'm glad you have a blog, now maybe we'll actually keep up with each other!
ReplyDelete