This has been one of those weeks where I do not understand why God is making me go through this, and can't He see that I can't handle it? I have a lot on my plate right now. Last week I had the pleasant responsibility of taking Isabeau to the dentist to have some cavities filled. Well, the pleasant part ended right about when I picked her up from school. The appointment was supposed to be next week, but they had a cancellation and called me at noon, asking if she could be there by 3:45, oh, and not to eat or drink anything for 4 hrs prior. No problem, the school was great about holding her to that. I attempted to get my things done before we had to leave, but most of it ended up getting shoved into tomorrow's workload. She was slightly cranky, thirsty, and hungry, which made our 50min drive somewhat stressful for me. The appt went well - they sedated her, and once that had kicked in, they wrapped her up like a papoose and went to work. The normally 1/2 hr ordeal turned into over an hour as she kept kicking herself free of the blanket and straps that bound her. I had to hold her arms and knees down, while others held her feet and head. She screamed pretty much the whole time, though we had brief moments while we rewrapped her and scooted her back up the bed each time. A root canal and 10 cavities filled, complete with silver caps, and we were done. Unfortunately, my work was only half over. Every time her head started to hang forward (at least once or twice every 5min or so) I had to pull the car over and prop her up again. She screamed, cried, howled, etc the entire drive home (almost 2 hrs). She was still under the sedation the whole trip home, so the next day she remembered nothing. I, however, was exhausted, and quite willing to hand her over to her mom when we arrived home.
There is also a lot of stress within my family, which only adds to everything else.
We had a missionary from Bosnia in town this weekend for a conference. He seemed like a great guy, and very much a family guy. He had no qualms about playing with the kids, hiking up the Phippens hill, and talking with anyone and everyone. One evening during the service the nerve in my neck acted up, and I went in the other room, hoping it would go away. It didn't, only got worse, and when Sue came in, she went and asked the pastor to come pray for me. I ended up going home, but there was no relief until almost 5am. At church in the morning the missionary made a point of coming to ask how I was doing, and wanted to know more about it. I didn't know it, but apparently he had also come in to pray for me the night before. He's a very caring and compassionate guy, and I can see how he and his wife would be perfect for the Bosnian people. He loves them so much - it's obvious in how he talks about them.
So no, I have no idea what God has in mind, but I know He's with me, and He will carry me through every step.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment