Thursday, January 28, 2010

Oh, the joys of winter. It snowed today, but really, the weather has been all over the place. Freezing, snow, rain, snow, wind, and then so much rain and warm temps there was flooding, but by the next day, we had snow again. The sun has been shining off and on, and when that happens, it is gorgeous, and I love to be outside! A friend and I have been trying to walk as much as we can, since the exercise is helpful for both of us facing the winter depression that has hit. However, the last few weeks I haven't had any energy to do anything more than walk across my apartment, so that has been out. I hope to be able to start again soon. Those afternoon walks are something I look forward to. It's awesome how God uses the little things in life to get me going again. I saw a sign the other day that said, "when we cease to wonder, we cease to worship". For me the nature and wonder of God's creation can always bring me back to remembering who God is and how much He deserves my worship. Like walking outside this morning and seeing the coating of bright white all around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment