Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cell Phone Chargers, and...Cats?

It's been 3 weeks, and time seems to inch by. Sleep is hard to come by, so I've been trying to get creative with the things I am allowed doing, and yes, sometimes I can't help myself and have to do a little more than that in order to stay sane. But overall, I'm following doctor's orders, and he even started me on passive physical therapy twice a week.
This weekend some friends are out of town, and I am staying at their house with their two daughters. We went for a walk to the library this morning, and on to my apartment for a little while as well. They are great kids, and I enjoy spending the time with them.
Last night I had my cell phone plugged in, charging, when I realized their new kitten was scratching and biting at something behind me. When I went to look, I saw my charger cord in 3 pieces! Apparently her teeth are sharp. So for the next two days or so, I'm trying to save the battery on my phone until I can make it to Bennington to buy another charger. Not the end of the world, but since I'm stranded, unable to drive for another 3-4 weeks, it means I have to wait until I can get someone to take me over. Frustrating!
But on a better note, my brother who has been deployed in Iraq for quite awhile is on his way home, if not already there! My other bro is on his way to Afghanistan in a few days. That I'm worried about, but God is in control, and I know he will be protected.

No comments:

Post a Comment