Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My first few days here...

Hello, my friends! Life has been interesting. It's hard to believe I've only been in Kodiak for 11 days. Within the first week of moving into a basement apartment in town, I did a bunch of cleaning (with the help of some friends), the heat was out two days, the water off one, the sink stopped working and had to be replaced, the oven acted up (for no apparent reason), and I've had a chance to get to know and love my landlord's amazing family. I'm also debating whether my radio is possessed, has an electric short somewhere, is being controlled by someone else on the same wavelength, or something else entirely.

In addition to the apartment, there were some paperwork issues to deal with regarding work, an all-out hunt for a necessary document was set  in motion (and the document was found), I searched the Rock high and low for instant tea (and didn't find it), acquired a couple 'uncles', slammed my head on the top bunk in my room multiple times (I'm not cut out for bunk beds!), got rid of a bit of homesickness by baking a LOT of goodies, and watched the lunar eclipse (incredible!). I've also hung out with friends, played games with my cousins, spent quite a bit of time with my 'adopted' family, been to a Christmas party (and going to another tomorrow), and endured a 'blizzard' that brought us high winds and about 8inches of snow yesterday. And today was sunny, blue, clear skies! Gotta love it!

So, all that to say: nothing really is happening in Kodiak. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment