Today is the last day of Crab Fest, and unfortunately, I'm working. However, I went down on my lunch break Saturday to try out Martha's food and watch the survival suit races, and then met Jess down there after work, when we stuffed ourselves with King crab dipped in melted butter, cotton candy, ice cream, and I can't even remember what all else. It's fun to walk around and see how many people you know. It's not a big festival, but the whole town comes out to celebrate spring. Last night I was back down there with her and her husband for scallops, tacos, popcorn, etc. We met up with several others from work, both on and off duty, as well as seeing many other friends along the way. If you haven't figured out yet, the two best things about Crab Fest are the people and the food. There were rides, but not fantastic ones, and they shut them down early yesterday, to get them loaded onto the ferry last night.
By far the best part about this weekend was that the weather was amazing. Other than the one evening where it drizzled a bit, and a few stretches of overcast skies, the sun has been shining. One of my friends found out the hard way that it was nice enough to get a pretty bad sunburn after being out on patrol all day without a hat. We now have all sorts of nicknames for him. :-)
I'm hoping to get some more king crab today, but even if I don't make it down, I'm content that I was able to fully enjoy the weekend. Have a wonderful Memorial Day, friends. So many of my family and friends are in various branches of the military, and I'm proud of each and every one of them. Enjoy your day off with family and friends, and don't forget to thank those who have served this country, fighting for our freedom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment