Sunday, June 12, 2011

Springtime!

Spring has arrived on the Emerald Isle, and yes, that means rain and fog. But it also means brilliant shades of greens, blues, with colorful flowers blooming, too. Yep, I live in a beautiful place. Enduring the rain is tough, but when I remember that it's the reason for the vivid color, it's easier to handle. Besides, those "lazy" days are just as important for my sanity. And then, when the sun comes out, nothing can be better than driving out the road with country music on the radio, keeping an eye out for bears, deer, fox, or any number of other wildlife along the way. Another adventure I love is taking the skiff out for a day trip to one of the nearby islands for a picnic, halibut fishing, taking pictures, or all of the above.

I spent 3 days this week in EMD (Emergency Medical Dispatch) training. Information overload! It was a great course, and we had a good instructor who managed to keep us all awake (with the help of caffeine). I even learned how to walk someone through delivering a baby over the phone, among many other interesting scenarios, some being more violent and awful than others. But I am certified now, and as soon as I take the last test, will be good to go. The other change I'm working through right now is the switch from days to graves. And let me tell you, it's not fun. I'm exhausted! Today is going better than yesterday did (probably has something to do with the mountain dew and chocolate...), and I'm sure I'll adapt quickly, but my energy is gone for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment