I'm finally getting the hang of the whole sleep schedule thing. The last couple days I've been alert my whole shift, and been able to sleep for more than an hour or two at a time during the day. And yes, it helps a lot. A couple days ago, I headed out the road to take some pictures after I woke up. I was standing halfway up the hill when two cars pulled in that I recognized. My friends had some relatives in town and happened to be bringing them out to do a little target practice. I joined them, and we had a great time. I did pretty good, and the fact that we were using a gun that didn't have much of any kick made it even better. All us gals had our cameras out, so between us we had a bunch of good pics.
The other night I took my cousins out to Pasagshak. As we were standing at the mouth of the river, we heard a dull thundering sound behind us. When I turned around, there was a herd of cattle being driven around the bend in the road. As we watched, they turned and started running down the beach right at us. We took off, and as we got out of the way, the cattle ran right over where we had been standing 30 seconds before. Let me tell you, it's quite the adrenaline rush to have a herd of around 300 cattle stampeding at you full speed! One of the ranchers pulled into the parking lot, saw how close we were, grabbed his horse out of the back and jumped on real quick, and then realized we'd made it out of the way. A bit too close for comfort. It was an impressive sight, and one I've never seen before. There were a lot of young calves running with their moms, too, which was pretty cool. Definitely not a normal occurance on the beach. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment