Thursday, June 16, 2011
Graveyard Shift
Yes, I'm sure I've complained about this before, and yes, I'm going to say it anyways - graves is not an easy shift to get used to. Particularly since I switched from days to graves, which is by far the hardest adjustment. My body is screaming in rebellion, as it tries to convince me that this is not how it should be. The last half of the shift is the hardest, made worse by the complete lack of any activity by local citizens. I can't seem to get more than a couple hours of sleep at a time, and there is no motivation to do anything else. My excitement for getting out and exploring the island has fallen dramatically as well. I know it's just the shift, and in 3 months I'll be my usual self again. For now, I am hoping to make the best of a difficult situation, and work on adjusting my sleep schedule so at least the energy will return when I'm not sleeping. It's almost the end of the day, and my bed is beckoning. Good night, friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment