Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Tree Comes With Christmas Mouse!

We went to get a Christmas tree a couple weeks ago at a friends tree farm. The one we chose turned out to be a huge one. When we got it in the door at the house and laid it on the floor in the kitchen, the cats were curious, and Socks climbed up in the tree. A few minutes later I saw a little mouse on the kitchen floor, so I called the kids to come see. We caught the little guy in a tupperware container, and were talking about how cute he was, when he jumped up the side of the container. Joanna jumped back, I shrieked and jumped, Isabeau screamed, Gabe jumped, and the cats saw the mouse on the floor and leapt after it, chasing it back into the tree. It all happened in about 3 seconds, but it was hilarious after the fact. We had a Christmas mouse! A few days later, I woke up to find the Fajita (the other cat) playing with the dead mouse, and then she and Socks proceeded to eat it. Ugh. No more Christmas mouse. The cats still think the tree is their personal playland, and they toppled it over a couple days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment