Monday, December 21, 2009

Vacation days!



 The snow took 3 hrs or so to shovel a path down the driveway last night. They wouldn't let Steve or I help, since we both have injured shoulders/backs. It took till late in the evening before the plows had even come through on the roads. So it's beautiful now, the sun is shining, and Sharis and I are hanging out waiting for, well, not sure. This afternoon I think we're going to do some grocery shopping for their Christmas dinner with Steve's family. We all realized last night, or rather, this morning when we went to bed at 6am, that we've been in Long Island for 5 days instead of the original 'one' we had planned. I was going to take a train back up to Albany last Fri or Sat, and now it's Mon down here. It has been sooo worth it to spend some extra time with Steve and Sharis. Kelsey and Mickey like to sleep with anyone who will let them, and since the couch in the "man's cave" downstairs is so comfy and big, no one minds.
While cooking, the smoke alarm kept going off, so Sharis and I had a routine down pretty quick - one of us would fan the smoke alarm with a towel while the other one used the door to the garage as a fan. The dogs weren't sure what to make of it, and Kelsey was so scared he was shaking. Poor little guy! As the picture shows, he, Mickey, and Tito come running and wait anxiously whenever any food is involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment