Thursday, April 29, 2010

Craaaziness!!!

I thought 74 hours was a lot, but last week they had me work over 80! Needless to say, I'm worn out. In addition to crew leader training last week, I was in the office as much as possible. This week has also been insane because on Monday I started training my own crew of 17 people. The first day everything went haywire, and fingerprinting became a nightmare! Each day after that had its own problems, culminating with a bunch of new ones today.
I had to 'release' a guy yesterday, and tomorrow I may have to let 2 more go. I sent all of them out to do their field work practice, and I had to go along to observe them. THAT did NOT go well. Hardly anyone was home, every one of them was so nervous they weren't doing the interviews right when they DID find someone, we had one illegal entry situation, and one case of getting lost because the West Hoosick firefighters were blocking the main road to get toan address we needed. Ai-i-i!!! On top of that, hit 54 hrs yesterday and the office decided today that no one was allowed to have more than 50 hrs this week or they get written up and counseled! Thankfully the director of the office likes me and filled out an override sheet for me.
Emotional and mental meltdown very close to the surface!

No comments:

Post a Comment