Mark (my brother in town from WA) stayed in town with me on Friday night, and Saturday we went out for breakfast at my favorite diner. Every morning a group of guys (in their 60's and 70's) meet for coffee, and I often go sit and visit with them. It's like having a bunch of grandfathers, since they try to keep up on the details in my life, worry about me if I don't come in for awhile, and tease me unmercifully about anything and everything they can. They had asked me to bring Mark in to meet them, and were glad we came. Another couple (Mike was a customer at the coffee shop when I worked there) was there as well. I hadn't seen them in a while, so we had a chance to catch up also.
A few hours later I had the opportunity to go up in a Cessna 150 for about an hour and a half of pure fun! It was a gorgeous day, and a friend of mine has his own plane, and though we've been planning on going up for awhile, this is the first it worked out. We flew from Bennington up to Manchester, around Mt Equinox, down the valley to Cambridge, over to Hoosick Falls (saw my apartment), West Hoosick (my grandparents' farm), down into Hoosick, Petersburg, Pownal, and back to Bennington. It was amazing! Such a totally different perspective from the air. The weather was ideal, and Dave and I thoroughly enjoyed the sights from the air. I LOVED every second of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm gonna miss Mark and his fantastic swing dancing :)
ReplyDelete