Monday, April 12, 2010

Work

I've decided that fingerprinting people is NOT my favorite job in the world. In all honesty, it is probably pretty close to the BOTTOM of the list. It's messy, people thought they could 'help' but didn't realize that each time they didn't relax and let me do it, they ended up either dragging MY hand into the ink too or we had to redo the print, or both. Then there was this one older guy who was flirting with me the whole time, and intentionally messed up some of the prints so he could have more time with me. Weirdo! Unfortunately, fingerprinting is not a time when you can keep your distance. It's up close and a little too personal. I'm wondering if they'll find anything in his background check that would keep him from working.
After that session I went back to the office and sorted over 1700 census forms during the last 6 hours. Since everyone but me and one other guy went home at 5, I enjoyed the peace and quiet, and the time flew by. I haven't quite finished my project, but the guy closes the office at 10pm, so I'll do the rest in the morning. Long days, And I'm glad they are finally finding work for me to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment