It dawned on me that I had a bit of excitement the other day that I neglected to share with you. Now you'll have a tidbit to smile about. I'm sure many of you can picture me in this situation.
I was walking around the block one evening (gotta get my exercise somehow) when a woman in a car that I walked by called to me. She asked if a certain girl was my neighbor, and I told her yes (she and her boyfriend live in the apt beside mine). I was then told that the girl had locked herself out of the apt and had gone to the bar just down the street to see if she could get help. So I went down and got her, and unlocked the outside door. Todd was inside, asleep, and hadn't heard the buzzer or us pounding on the door, so we headed into my apt and started banging on the wall and yelling. It was no use - he didn't hear a thing! So we then proceeded to open my window, climb up and out onto the fire escape, maneuver the screen out and slide their window open as far as we could get it. Not even that woke him up, and it took both of us poking our heads into their bedroom and calling for him to wake up. Needless to say, he was somewhat startled to sit up and see us poking our heads through the blinds. He did come open the door and let her in at that point and I continued on my walk.
At least now we have tested the fire escape and, for the record, it appears it will work just fine in the event of an emergency.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment