At my therapy appointment my therapist told me I'm ahead of schedule with my range of motion, but not to get my hopes up about my post-op appt this afternoon because my orthopedic surgeon is a stickler about his protocols and she'd never had him give the ok for moving ahead faster than the protocol said to. Since I was offered a part time job with a coffee shop, I was going to ask him if I could have permission to work if I didn't lift much with that arm. Jis instructions were that I couldn't start using even 1lb weights for another 2 weeks, and no more than 5lbs for another 6 weeks. So I knew he probably wouldn't go for it.
Amazingly, when he came in, checked my range of motion, and did his post-op routine, he told me he was thrilled with my progress. When I asked about work, he thought for a second and then said "I don't see why not!" He proceeded to tell me he was also going to place my weight restrictions at 10lbs instead of 0-5lbs! I was, and still am, in shock. It's about as unlike him as you can get!
I will be looking into that job more later today, since I'm still weighing the pros and cons. But God is definitely on the throne and working out his plans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment