Sunday, March 7, 2010

What a Weekend!

Talk about a lot happening in a few days! Where to start?
Thursday I had a treatment in Rutland. All my favorite nurses were working, and within a few minutes all had come by to say hi. Jim is in charge, Cathy was the nurse assigned to me, and Chuck is another who was on the other side of the room. She tries to bring me a couple books from the nurses library each time I'm there.
As the treatment was finishing up almost 5hrs later I received a call from my orthopedic surgeon giving me the good news that I can remove the sling for the most part and I can start driving again! It's been 5 weeks since surgery, and my therapist says I'm making excellent progress with my range of motion.
An hour after that phone call another came in from a coffee shop I had applied to several weeks ago. They wanted to do an interview the next day! So Friday morning I was preparing to head out to that when I got another call letting me know I made it to the next level of the interview process at a bank 20 min away.
The interview went very well, and I think I'd really enjoy working there.
The whole thing is a reminder that God's timing is perfect. Even if I don't get the job it's awesome to realize that though financially things are difficult, I didn't have to worry about taking time off from work for the surgery or recovery time, and there's no denying that to hear about 2 job possibilities within a day of the news of recovery is a God thing.
Yesterday I spent the afternoon with relatives, and actually had more energy for the entire day than I've had in the two years since the accident. We took the kids down to collect sap from the maple trees on my aunt and uncle's land. 4 buckets full of sap taken back up to the barn to start boiling it down into syrup. We also spent some time with the goats they have - two of which were 1 day old. Very small, and the kids loved holding them. Some time messing around in the hay in the loft, and then it was time to get going.
An hour later I was at a Sportsman banquet at our church. Many people attended, and everyone had a great time. This morning I had 6 girls in Sunday School 'creating' pictures with noodles, rice, beans, and spaghetti. After the service we had a 'job fair' of ministry opportunities.
All in all, it's been an interesting few days. Can't wait to see what this week has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment