Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ah...Life! And Job Interviews!

It is now Sunday, and my ribs are still sore. The chiropractor is back, and while he IS good, he is frustrating, too. He brushed me off, saying that things happen sometimes, and it isn't the fill-in chiropractor's fault, and that I'll feel better before long. Not yet, and it's been over a week!
On another note, I had applied for a job in Kodiak, and a couple days ago received a phone call that I need to be there for the testing and interview in 2 weeks! Timing is gonna be tight, since I was supposed to work through Labor Day, drive down to Anchorage the next day, and fly back to NY on the 8th (12am on the 9th, actually). I now have to fly down to Kodiak on the 6th (and therefore not working that day), do the job stuff on the 8th, and fly back to Anchorage right afterwards to catch the flight to NY. Hoping, of course, that the notorious Kodiak fog doesn't leave me stranded on one end or the other! Because I don't have OVER 2 weeks notice, the ticket to Kodiak and back (an hour each way) costs almost twice as much as my ticket back from Anchorage ALL THE WAY BACK TO NY! Ai-i-i!!! That was a slight shock, and yes, led to a minor emotional breakdown that night. However, I believe this is God's timing, because the job interview could easily have been a couple months out (they closed the job opening quickly), which would have meant that I'd have had to make a special trip back to Kodiak from NY later. While my schedule will be a little more cramped because of it, I won't really have to adjust more than a day of the trip. Please pray that if God wants me to get this job, it will all go well. I'm excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment