My friends, Doug and Cheryl, had me over to their home one evening the last week I was in Kodiak, and it was wonderful to be able to spend some quality time with them. I was also thrilled that Pat (a woman who used to help teach me and my siblings when we were young) was able to join us. I have such fond memories of times spent with her, so to see her again was a blessing.
I spent many hours the last week at the police department, riding along with various officers and chatting more with all the guys who knew me when I was much, much smaller. :) The day before I left, after spending the afternoon riding along with one of the 'new' guys, when Tom got off work we headed out to Bell's Flats to spend the evening at the house I grew up in. It ended up being one of my favorite evenings so far. Tom and I headed back into town to pick up pizza and do some shopping, and then back to the Flats for dinner, hanging out with his grandkids (1 and 3 yrs old), and a slideshow of Australia pictures (he had been on vacation there). Fun times.
I spent my last day visiting my cousins, a few other friends, drove to the top of Pillar Mtn with Chris, and then stopped by to say goodbye at the PD. When I got on the ferry, Cary found me and invited me to spend the evening with him and Katie, so the next few hours flew by as we played cards and hung out chatting. The guys who had gone out to Tom's cabin with us on Monday were also on the ferry, and joined us for awhile as well.
Cary and Katie were driving up to Anchorage from Homer, so I ended up riding along with them. Unexpected, but I was glad it worked out that way, because we had more time to talk that way. We stopped in Soldotna and had lunch with a friend of Katie's, so it turned into a fun, all day ride. Matt and Tracy had also driven up that day to do some shopping, so Cary dropped me off and I went to dinner with them before heading over to Paula's house, where I was staying.
I was in Anchorage with Paula and her family for several days. We had an early princess birthday party for Kylar on Sunday, which was lots of fun, and gave me a chance to get to know some of Paula's friends there. Monday we went to Stroller Strides, which is an exercise group for moms with toddlers. It was a good workout, and several of the moms I'd met at Kylar's party were there, among others. They did the workout downtown, and afterwards we headed over to the park for Music In The Park. It turned into a bit more than expected when a little tyke had a seizure and stopped breathing for several minutes. 911 was called, someone did CPR and got him breathing again, and then the paramedics took him to the hospital because he still wasn't looking or acting ok. It was a scary time, but he ended up being ok.
I was very excited to see the Lace's the last evening I was in Anchorage. Crystal, Joey, Amy, and all of their kids met up with me for dinner at an Italian restaurant nearby. I hadn't realized how much I needed that evening out with them. Their sister (Lisa) wasn't there, so we told their kids that this Lisa (me) was taking their Aunt Lisa's place. :) I had a wonderful visit with Crystal as she drove me back to Paula's afterwards.
Wednesday morning I flew up to Fairbanks for this last stint of my vacation.

No comments:
Post a Comment