Sunday, August 29, 2010

Me And Keys Just Don't Get Along

Last night I was closing up at work, and accidentally left my car keys sitting on the counter. When I went back to get them, I realized that I had locked the padlock (which I had a key for), but I had also locked the door somehow without knowing it (which we are not supposed to do, and I don't have a key for). I went to ask Justin (the guy in the cabin next door) if he had any ideas. The handle turned a little, but not much, and after both of us had tried our best to push it open and checked the windows (all locked), I went to the office to get a spare key. The office was locked, so I found some other guys that work there, and one of them happened to be a security guy, so he got me into the office, but they didn't have a spare for the door, either. He tried the master key, and it didn't work, either, so I had to call my manager to come bring her key. Justin stayed with me until she got there 15 min later. By that point the word had spread about my dilemma, and my face was flaming as the security guys walked by laughing. Particularly when Linda arrived with the key, but didn't have to use it! I had pulled the door really hard, and it was jammed shut. She forced it open, I retrieved the keys, and we all left, How embarrassing!

No comments:

Post a Comment