This week was spent working, and other than spending so much time on my feet, I didn't mind a bit. It was gorgeous weather several of the days, and while not many people were out during the week, Saturday was military appreciation day at the park, so thousands of people were walking through looking at the cabins and buying everything they could get at a discount. Nonstop busyness all day, and that made the time fly by. My favorite family of the week came by 3 different days, learned my name, and chatting each time. The kids saw me each time and came running over to say hi, and do bubbles and chalk while I talked with Phillip and Christina.
On Friday evening, 3 army guys from Hawaii came by, and since all they were doing was putting in time until their flight left, they stuck around talking, treated me to some ice cream, and tried to get me to go out for dinner after I was done with work. I debated it, but turned them down, and now I wish I hadn't! They wanted to take me to the Turtle Club, which I found out later is the classiest place to go, and also the most expensive. My friend Ann told me to NEVER again turn down an invitation there again, regardless of who is asking. It's not that big a deal to me, but I got a kick out of her response. :)
I'm off to a massage, so I'll put more on another time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment