Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Journey to Alaska -- 5

I left Pullman/Moscow after church, heading up to Spokane by late afternoon on Sunday. Eric was working, so Mark and I went out to dinner and then over to hang out at the Service Station (the coffee shop Eric works at) untiil he was done. By the time we got back to Eric's, we were all exhausted, which was probably why we spent the next half hour laughing as we took pics of each other. All in all, it was a great evening.

Monday morning I began the drive to Seattle, stopping briefly in Cle Elum on the way. I was blessed to have dry, clear road over Snoqualmie Pass, with the rain/snow starting as I made it down the other side. Heather met me at Lara and Andy's, and we spent the evening chatting and playing with Elijah. It was just the kind of evening I needed, as it's been a long time since I've had 'girl time' with gals my own age (or fairly close at least).

Today was by far the most frustrating day of this trip to this point. I left Heather's to go visit Carmel, and proceeded to get myself lost for awhile. However, I later realized I had been on the right road in the first place. Oh well, I made it, and we had a good visit. When I left her house at 2:30 I had no idea that at 5:30pm I'd still be driving around lost within just a few miles from there. After finding myself at the ferry, being turned around and sent south, turned around again and sent north to a different ferry, I finally made it across to West Seattle by around 8:30. It was a stressful day, so I decided I'd quit for the night when I came to Bothell, being an exit I recognized and therefore am hoping I can get out of when it's time to take off in the morning. Executive decision made to make this a Law & Order night at the hotel. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment