Monday, November 22, 2010

Journey to Alaska Photos 1 - NY, OH, IN, IL, WI, MN, SD

Ohio - this road went up and down over many hills, and at least the 11 miles I drove of it was straight, as far as the eye could see.
The Ohio Turnpike - a very expensive toll portion of I-90.

Chicago - hate the traffic, but the skyline was cool.

Minnesota - ice, sleet, pea soup fog, and snow. Tough driving but slightly more interesting with the mountains, hills, and trees. They like their windmills.

South Dakota - clear skies, windy, but able to make good use of the 75mph speed limit. Back to a very flat landscape.

Champlain, SD - dinner was at a place called Al's Oasis. Not too good, but it looks neat from the outside. :)

Leaving Champlain

Spam Museum - I saw the sign from the road and decided to stop in. Got lost getting there, but eventually ended up driving right by it.




No comments:

Post a Comment